Saturday, May 22, 2021

The BADLANDS!!

 April 22 – 24

    Oh my, Words truly do not describe the wonder that is the Badlands: Majestic, Amazingly Awesome, Wonderfilled, those words are not big enough. Surreal probably comes the closest but yet missing by a mile. I fell in love when I got here and I know with all the many places I have seen and all the places yet to see, none will make me feel as I felt here. So I am going to keep this post short and just let you enjoy the photos that do not even come close to doing it justice.


The campground here was small, campsites set in on the road around two loops. We had electric and there is water and dump station. The restrooms clean but pit toilets, the showers cold, needless to say I used my own. Park Rangers are great and ready to be of assistance. Lots of trails and is a open range hiking. Just be sure to register before you do that because would be easy to get lost. We stuck to trails and did some that where breathtaking.

.

There is a 23 mile Scenic Road that is easy to navigate, and several more primitive roads we chose not to take, this time. Saw Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Deer and BUFFALO!!! Would I go back? In a heartbeat!!



Paul and I decided many many years ago Giants lived in the area and this was their children's sandbox. Many of the formations look like giant sand castles and fortresses, and even got a shot of one that looks like a gnome!


Just enjoy Fair warning there are many!

Ta

Hiking:
The Notch: a crazy climb up a 50 foot wooden log ladder, along the edge of the cliff and to the Notch. A fun and exhilarating hike with a view to remember always:





























Saddle Pass Trail

Another great, fun, challenging, hike!
 










And a gazillion others from hikes, drives, and wonder:




There were Alligators here!! WOW














































No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...