Monday, December 23, 2019

Our next stop in Georgia, brought us to North Shore Landing in the Greensboro area, right on Lake Oconee. The campground was nice enough but the view was spectacular. We were backed up right to the lake. Got to spend many an hour just watching the herons, cormorants, gulls, fish jumping, and the kingfishers flying to and fro. Even got to see a young Bald Eagle. And the sunrises and sunsets amazing, Yep my kind of paradise.

View From Our Site


The campground was right near, ummm very near, the train tracks and keeping with that theme, had old train cars set up as offices, bathhouses, and cabins to stay in. It was an older campground and the amenities could have used a bit (a lot) of sprucing up, which unfortunately we are finding is the case often. Perhaps, in the busier seasons they are, but off season not so much. Campground managers should realize people would enjoy using what is offered all year long. Oh Well. The facilities were clean and maintained and the staff friendly, so this was good. Very hilly and while no trails nearby, you can get quite the workout just walking around the campground. They had the standard horseshoes, shuffleboard, basketball court and in season they offer two pools. They no longer have the mini golf and their playground needs at lot of work.

I had the unfortunate happening of my foot slipping off the side of the road and twisting my ankle a good one. Laid me up for a couple of days but again with that view I didn't mind just sitting on our deck area and watching nature. Paul was wonderful taking care of me and I have to give him the credit for most of the photos. With me off my feet, he walked around and got some really great shots. I have to appoint him Photographer here after!
With the holidays approaching I wish all Strength Hope Health and Love in the New Year. What every you celebrate may it be joyous, reflective and thought-filled.






Cooking Dinner In The Twilight

A friend stops by for a visit!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...