Wednesday, December 11, 2019


I would like very much to dedicate this post to my dear friend Kathy Mulholland. She more than anyone (besides my kids) knows what this journey of mine means to me. She listened to me dream about, talk about it, was there as I read about it and researched. She supported and encouraged me. The following poem was include in a book we both read "In Beauty May She Walk: Hiking the Appalachian Trail at 60" by Leslie Mass.  Thank you Kathy and you can consider this your birthday and Christmas gift from me. Love you



In Beauty May I Walk: Navajo Prayer – Anonymous




In beauty may I walk;
All day long may I walk;
Through the returning seasons may I walk.







Beautifully will I possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully butterflies…







On the trail marked with pollen may I walk;
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk;
With dew around my feet may I walk.








With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me,
may I walk.





In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again…
It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.








In Beauty Now I Walk!!

























 In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again…



1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful dedication to your friend Kathy! All of the photos are stunning also! Mother Nature is truly amazing. Every Moment you enjoy is priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...