Monday, November 30, 2020

Nothing Like Cooking Over Campfire!

 Spent Thanksgiving Weekend with Dexter and took along our grandson. What fun and was good to be back if only for a short stay. Gave the RV a much needed bath and got it ready for the winter season. 


  One thing you discover when you own an RV, they put the valves, lines, switches, what have you, in the most awkward places they can think of. In order to winterize, we needed to by-pass the water heater; that sounds easy enough. Just turn the by-pass valve to winter position, okay, got that, umm, could someone please tell us where the by-pass valves are?? Oh according to this they should be at the back of the water heater Okay, so ummm, now how do we get to them??? Ha gaining on, it just remove the vent cover underneath the refrigerator where all you can see is a bunch of wires. Oh sure that is the first place one would look, NOT. Anyway panel removed and way in behind that bunch of wires you spy it, okay, that's the hot water line done. Now, where is the by-pass valve for the intake line? Oh after searching here there and elsewhere, How about if you reach down as far as you arm can go into that small space behind all those wires, where no one would think to look and well, I'll be darn if I stretch my fingers just a little bit more we can turn that hidden valve. That had better be it. Let's try to drain the tank again as the first time all we did was flush it out good.  
 
Oh how I wish I had had my camera going on video. You see, Paul is standing there ready to remove the drain plug, telling me how the first time he did it he stood way to the side expecting the water to come shooting out but it just ran out slowly. And as he is telling me this he reaches out and starts to unscrew the the plug and Whoosh the water came out in a geyser giving him an unexpected shower. I couldn't stop laughing, It was like Dexter said Oh Yeah Gotcha!! hahahaha

 That done, we got a nice fire going and taught Dylan the joys of making the best hot dogs ever by roasting them over the campfire. Yum. He was pleased as punch helping PopPop (carefully) put wood on the fire, roasting his dinner, and joys of joys, we even let him "tend" the fire making sure all the bits of wood burn down. Nothing like seeing the world of delight in a child's eyes.  
  We played games, took walks, chatted about all the things in that child's wonderful brain that never stops. Though the weekend was cold, we had a good time. 





I have to say I really miss living in the RV. Being back there just brought it home even more so. I love our apartment but look forward to the day life will change again. Until then....


No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...