Friday, March 6, 2020

Old Town Campground


February 20 – 24, 2020

Old Town Campground in Old Town, Florida was a good place for a short stay. It was older with many long term residents and offered no amenities. Even walking was limited to one loop around the camp and there were no trails. The surrounding area was not easily accessible, no shoulder on the roads, and very run down. But we did have full hookups and it was quiet at night and everyone was friendly. 




The highlight of our stay was checking out several carvings on some of the trees in the camp. The old man's face and the manatee were very artistic. Unfortunately they had been carved during a previous owner's time and we couldn't get the story behind then. Reminded us of the Walrus and the Carpenter but sure looks more like a manatee. But overall, just a place for a short stay on our journey. Would we go back, no, not unless we just needed a place for a night or two.






Teri's Note: One of my highlights was a beautiful black cat. Each time we walked around the campground he/she would come running over to me to be petted. Melted my heart, so tempted to scoop it up and take it with us. I didn't, but boy, I wanted too!!
My campground friend
Is this not adorable!









No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...