Sunday, September 8, 2019

Things We've Learned Since Starting Our New Life.


It has been just over three months since we started our new life adventure and a lot has happened since then. I can honestly say I am loving every moment including some of the not so good ones. It is definitely a learning experience and a lot of trial and error. Oh so worth it. We are living in the RV fulltime now but haven't taken truly to the road. That will come in October after I retire. September 27 can't come soon enough! Below is a list of things I have learned about me and the RV lifestyle so far”
  1. So far, it's as good as I thought it would be.
  2. You only need half the clothes you thought you would and probably less than that even.
  3. You need to learn to meal plan and what to stock up on and what to do without.
  4. You need twice, ah heck, three times the amount of bug spray!
  5. I am not as good at keeping up this blog as I'd like to be!
  6. I use more paper towels and plastic zip bags then I use to.
  7. There are a lot more places to creatively store things then you would think.
  8. Too many people with dogs are just as inconsiderate of others in campgrounds as in sticks and bricks areas. No, I really don't want to hear your dog bark and bark and bark. Please teach it to shut up!
  9. I love sitting at night and listening to all the night noises (well, except the barking dogs and overly loud people) This I already knew but have now been reminded.
  10. People like lights too much! If you are afraid of the dark, Get out of the woods! 
  11. It takes less than an hour to break down camp and move. I am better at securing things than I thought I'd be.
  12. Trust is such an important thing between a couple. Trusting each other when backing into a sight. Trusting each other enough to open up about what's bugging them. Trusting each other to overlook the not so good things in each of us but also to trust each other to explore the whys of those.
  13. I am so very fortunate to have the partner I do and the opportunity to find “Dreams can come true!”

Paul's List
  1. Even in a small area, there are still many things that need tending to
  2. Cooking in a small space is easier than one thought
  3. I enjoy cooking outside even more than I thought I would
  4. You don't need as much room as you think you do
  5. Retired doesn't mean nothing to do
  6. It's fun to discover different ways to get around without a car
  7. People shouldn't be working on a vehicle in a campground at night.
  8. Teri and I can live together in a small space without throwing me to the dogs
  9. Ninety Five percent of the people one meets in campgrounds are very friendly and willing to help each other.


Can't wait to discover what else we learn as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...