Sunday, January 13, 2019

Blogging in general

I love the idea of blogging but it rather intimidates me. I read other blogs and they are long, I don't always have a lot to say but enjoy putting it out there. I started a facebook page with the same title and found I did enjoy posting there.  I could just write something short and sweet or a tad longer. Why can't I do that here? This is after all my blog not someone else's, so if I only want to write a sentence or two than so be it. Now I'm over that nonsense I shall continue.

Been busy as we continue our sorting and downsizing. Went through three boxes of our parents papers, got it down to two large envelopes. One for my parents, one for Paul's parents. Now to decide who gets to keep them for us.
Have also started going through my mom's photos. Two boxes of those, Good Grief! Divided them up for various family members and threw out a whole bunch of random unknown people LOL Rather fun going through them and remember some of the events. There were a number from when we went camping as a family, oh the flood of memories. Yes, it is from there I get my desire to travel. What fun I had.

Continuing to go through my wardrobe: Down to 6 sweaters for work, and 4 for home. I find the easiest way to do this is to do a quick sort, discarding any that have stains, tears, etc. Also, any that I really don't like to begin with (Why do we have these items?) Then, each morning I put on one I haven't worn yet and evaluate how it feels and fits. Don't like the way it looks, scratchy, too loose, too tight, wrong color? It's gone. If it seems okay, I wear it for the day and continue to evaluate the comfort. By the end of the day one knows if it's a keeper or time to move it on. I have been doing this for the past several months and it works for me. Once I stop working I'll be able to get rid of more. I still need two wardrobes but fine tuning like crazy.

Well ta for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...