Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Catching up

It's been a while since I have posted anything so thought I'd catch everyone up on the goings on.  We've been quite busy clearing out and cleaning up. Since Paul retired he has been a whirlwind of activity here. The spare bedroom ceiling and walls are painted and is now our staging area for going through things. He is working on sanding down and repainting the kitchen cabinet doors, 14 down, 4 to go. He has gone through his music collection and now has a plethora of songs on the IPOD. We have gone through each closet and cabinet getting rid of things right and left. Amazing how much one has! Several will need to be gone through again and again. Patio and front garden have been spruced up and planted with pretties. Floors scrubbed, rugs cleaned. Still have a couple of things that need tending and then it is ready to put on the market!  WOW! 

 Yes, things are moving fast, actually faster then we original thought. If all continues to go as planned could be as early as Mid Summer to buy the RV and heading out in October. Oh My. It seems so unreal at times. The mixed emotions one feels is like being on a roller coaster. So very excited to be finally able to live this dream but yet again, it is scary as all get out. The "What Ifs" run strong and sometimes it is real hard to quiet them. What if we don't like it. What if we hit really bad weather, What if we breakdown, What if one of us gets sick, What if, What if, WHAT IF????? Seeing the house get emptier and emptier is exhilarating, but no wait, how can I get rid of that, its my stuff! It's what I know. It's my life. Can we actually be doing this??? WHATAREWECRAZY!!!!

 Phew, calm down, you got this, just need to focus on what's ahead, where we will go, what we will see, the incredible wonders of our great country.

I read a quote attributed to Henry David Thoreau, "We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal, then leap in the dark to our success." Yes, that is so how I feel at this stage.

Well enough for now, back to sorting, tossing, sprucing, planning,

Oh and since it was read publicly at last night's council meeting I guess we can call it official. My retirement date is September 27!!  Yep after thirty years I am leaving the library, another mixed emotion. Will so miss the people but am so done with the working!
 Little bragging moment: The business administer of the boro went on the record to say I was Classy and Professional, whoa that is an ego boost! 

Okay til next time! Ta

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update and congrats on your retirement! Looks like the fulfillment of a dream for you two. You certainly deserve the new adventures. Love you both, Marv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marv Can't wait to hit the road!

    ReplyDelete

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...