Saturday, February 2, 2019

Time Frame

One of the hardest parts of all this is the time frame. I don't like to rush my life away but knowing this will take a year to two can be frustrating. I so want to be out there on the road seeing all the amazing things there are to see.  I look through the Moon National Park book we bought and just dream, which to do first, which direction to head. There is so much to do and consider between now and then, I know the time will pass quickly. How often I have told myself and others: The days can be long, weeks can be long but the months and the years go fast.

The other part of Time Frame is trying to figure out what to do when as we plan and prepare. We need to get rid of so much but still need to hang on to certain things until we sell the home.  What I have been doing as I sort cabinets and closets is consolidating items I think we will be bringing with us. I have sorted out a lot of the kitchen and am putting the keeps in certain areas. We are learning to use just those and only reach for the get rid ofs when making something in particular. If we find ourselves reaching for something too often, it can be reevaluated. Same holds in the opposite, if we don't use a certain item but only on occasion, that too will get reevaluated and perhaps go into the get rid of pile. It rather fun seeing how little we actually need to use on a day to day basis.
  We are even changing our grocery shopping habits. Having lots of cabinets, large refrigerator and freezer, you tend to buy bigger, more, and store-able stuff. Once we are in an RV, our space will be much more limited so might as well start learning. We are going through the freezer and cabinets, using up those items that tend to just hang around and/or one have multiples of. We are trying to get better at meal planning so as to buy just what we need for the week, only restocking staples when truly needed. Believe me when I say our cupboards are looking bare! LOL  Interesting/entertaining note as far as cleaning out the cupboards: When was the last time you look at the expiration date on spice rack items, HA, Yeah, you know that one you bought for that one dish you made once, five years ago hahahaha.
  Speaking of spices, that is yet another item we are fine tuning. Paying attention to which ones we use the most and which ones are so seldom use easily replace with others. Cutting them down!!

Will soon be putting items up for sale or come and get! Would love to find someone just starting out that could really use kitchenware: dishes, utensils, glassware, pots/pans, casserole dishes, etc, not to mention bits and pieces of furniture. Especially, someone with very minimal funds. I would be happy to give so much away.  If you read this, and know of someone, please, let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And Our Next Great Adventure Begins!

 Well, it certainly has been a while since I wrote anything here, and a lot has happened. As I mentioned in my last post, we had decided to ...